Elsevier/Aries Systems transforms the way scholarly publishers bring high-value content to the world. The company's innovative and forward-looking workflow solutions manage the complexities of modern print and electronic publishing-from submission to editorial management and peer review, to production tracking and publishing channel distribution. As the publishing environment evolves, Aries Systems is committed to delivering solutions that help publishers and scholars enhance the discovery and dissemination of human knowledge.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position serves as a subject matter expert for a specific team of Software Engineers. In addition to writing code on complex systems and applications, this position provides direction on project plans, schedules, and methodologies. The position has direct reports.
- Current .Net Development skills in an Agile Development environment. Waterfall).
- Knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Experience using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Strong problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making
- Serve as the initial point of escalation for software development issues within specific area of responsibility.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.