2nd Shift Press Brake Operator
Sunday - Wednesday 4:30pm - 3:00am
This position reports to the 2nd Shift Production Manager
This position is hourly, non-exempt
Fecon LLC is a forestry equipment manufacturer located in Lebanon, Ohio near the Kings Island Amusement Park. FECON is known for having high quality products and a team culture - and we are growing! We design, build, test, sell and service our equipment consisting of products such as our well-known "Bull Hog", the Stump Ex, other attachments and high-quality tractors of varying horsepower. We offer competitive wages, full health care benefits and a continuous learning culture for those who want to grow with the company.
Uses an electrically powered industrial machine to create, shape and customize metal material into a variety of forms dictated by the manufacturer. Required to read and interpret detailed and complex instructions to produce the desired forms.
- Sets stops on machine bed, changes dies, and adjusts components, such as ram or power press, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Operates power press, power brake, apron brake, swaging machine, foot-powered press, hydraulic press, or arbor press according to specifications.
- Installs, aligns, and secures gears, holding fixtures, dies to machine bed, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of the metal.
- Inspects workpiece for defects.
- Measures work piece and verifies dimensions and weight, using micrometer, template, straight edge, and scale.
- Selects and positions flat, block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine, using hoist, crane, measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintains the machinery and keep the work area clean and orderly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Understands complex instructions and how schematics work in order to ensure that items are designed and built correctly.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints.
- Ability to use measure tools including protractor, calipers and tape measure.
- Understands when the machine is not at peak performance, how to increase output, and how to fix errors.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail. Press brakes are precision equipment and being off by millimeters could create a critical error.
- Has strong mechanical and technical skills. Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of press break operation required.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Use overhead cranes and jib cranes.
- Most work performed standing at floor level.
- Ability to do repetitive movements with hands.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be added at any time with or without notice.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.