GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM
Prep Cook, $16.50+/hour
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring for Prep Cook to join our amazing TEAM in the Washington, D.C area!
Pay Ranges: $16.50-17.00/hour
This is a secured location and NO cell phones, laptops, or thumb drives allowed in the building. Employee must pass a government background check (SF-85 form) in order to get building access. Must be able to prep, set-up, serve and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Guest Services, Inc. offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more!
Apply today to join our All Star Team!
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Loading and unloading of inventory from trucks.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.