The Practice Area Specialist position serves as a subject matter expert for select LexisNexis products, solutions and content. The Practice Area Sales Specialist represents LexisNexis in strategically important customer settings, especially in high-stakes competitive situations, with the goal of winning customer business and driving sales and revenue. The Practice Area Sales Specialist will also play a key role in strategic initiatives to create, broaden and deepen relationships within litigation customers, particularly state and local court systems.
• Proactively engage with existing and prospective customers to secure new customers for specialized litigation products
• Assist sales teams to expand customer portfolio and overcome sales challenges and effectively support them to close opportunities
• Identify opportunities to engage and expand Lexis presence in court systems working both individually and alongside sales teams
• Prepares and delivers specialized customer presentations to drive customer acquisition through the communication of specific and relevant value propositions and competitive differentiators
• Conduct market customer research and competitive analysis providing insights to drive development or commercial activities to grow market share within the courts
• Shares expertise and knowledge by training, partnering and assisting the sales team
• Acts as an internal resource for sales, marketing, and segment on assigned products and courts
• BS/BA or equivalent experience required; JD or MLS/JS degree and strong legal background preferred.
• Legal practice experience and experience with the judiciary strongly preferred
• 5+ years of proven sales experience or relevant agency experience
• Ability to effectively work individually and partner with teams to drive individual and team goals.
• Maintains on-going expertise and knowledge of our products, solutions and content
• Excellent verbal (including public speaking) and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively partner and collaborate across teams
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time
• Ability to lift/carry laptop or IPad and other sales materials up to 25 lbs.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.