Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at
The Atomization Furnace Operator performs the operations necessary to safely produce gas atomized powders, at the correct size, and quality necessary to achieve world class coating and printing products. It is expected that these standards be met by following Praxair Standard practices in all aspects of this job.
Furnace Operator - T3
- Experienced in reading, understanding and using Product Manufacturing Instructions (PMI's), Job-Safety Analysis' (JSA), and melt production schedule to accomplish daily production tasks
- Displays complete understanding and knowledge regarding safe operation of the atomization equipment (i.e. Atomizer, blenders, vacuum equipment, power cabinet, overhead crane, forklift, etc.)
- Demonstrates a moderate level of skill and knowledge related to pouring operations (i.e. gas heads, power settings, etc.) May seek occasional guidance from senior operator or team leader
- Capable of performing basic math including percentages to calculate and weigh out heats
- Safely performs breakouts, rebuilds, chip and patch repairs on furnaces without guidance from senior leadership
- Displays basic understanding of gas recycling system (tank farm)
- Performs statistical process control such as tracking data and updating charts, KPI's for department
- Completes minor and routine repairs or maintenance adjustments on production equipment
- Performs simple, in-process quality tests to determine material status
- Displays moderate ability to function within database management tools such as Oracle, eAM, etc.
- Keen ability to spot process improvement ideas
- Collaborates cross-functionally between operations, engineering, quality departments
- Manages own daily workflow requirements to meet production schedule
- Ability to complete forklift certification within first 30 days of employment
- Support current and new safety initiatives/policies
- Maintain equipment and housekeeping within work environment
- Ability to cross-train or currently is cross-trained within other areas of the plant (i.e. processing, packaging, etc.)
- Other Duties Assigned
We have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions open in the Indy Campus and offer a 2.00 shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in foundry, smelting, casting or steel mill operations and/or equivalent manufacturing experience required
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work instructions as well as technical specifications
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must be able to operate fork truck, electric hoist and overhead crane.
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.