Portfolio Officer II, Houston TX
The Portfolio Officer is responsible for overall asset quality of an assigned Commercial loan portfolio under the direct supervision of the Portfolio Team Lead.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
- Responsible for coordinating and streamlining transactions through the nCino/Salesforce platform to facilitate the approval process.
- Responsible for administrating and monitoring the 30+ day delinquencies, risk rating process (CARs), as well as assisting in the identifying red flags or problems within the portfolio.
- Conduct analysis/underwriting functions, as needed, at the Origination stage of new credit requests and Annual review on existing customers and complex structured transactions.
- Responsible for monitoring exceptions, covenant, and delinquent reports on a weekly basis.
- On-going review of future maturities for timely disposition.
- Respond to any customer inquiries regarding loan payments, transactional accounts and financial reporting, and back-up assigned Lender(s).
- Provide support on new business activities by screening preliminary data and follow up in obtaining required documentation on complex transactions.
- Identify, track, and monitor loan policy exceptions, review credits with loan covenants and verify compliance.
- Coordinate delinquent loan monitoring of assigned portfolio and recommend appropriate action with assigned Lender(s).
- Prepare Commitment Letters for accuracy and consistency with credit services/underwriting recommendations.
- Responsible for initiation of BSA Lending due diligence process, and validate Borrower's ownership is documented properly, Adverse Media, Lexis Nexus and OFAC searches have been completed and any issue has been addressed accordingly.
- Attend seminars and training sessions to keep abreast of changing regulations, as well as industry/market trends and conditions.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Completion of a formal credit training program preferred.Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
2+ years of professional experience in lending field and credit analysis/underwriting of loans. Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Knowledge of Commercial Credit programs, banking products, lending policy and procedures, and documentation.
Applied knowledge of accounting principles.
Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Salesforce/nCino and AS/400 Fiserv are a plus. Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, able to work under pressure, conduct business in a professional manner and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess business communications skills, verbal and written and have a passion for serving customers.