Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Water System Operator with experience in the power generation industry.
- $19 - $23/hr DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and company matching 401k
- Full time hours
- Tools and Unforms Provided
- Employee will operate station control boards, consoles and local stations efficiently and safely, assuming systems responsibility, and direct the startup and shutdown of wastewater treatment equipment as changes in wastewater flows dictate.
- Employee will perform the switching functions per the Lockout Tagout program. This may include coordinating or working with Plant operators as needed.
- Log readings on daily log sheets.
- Monitor wastewater flows and communicate with plant control room to understand any current operational issues.
- Perform PWS walk down and inspect equipment/processes routinely.
- Assist laboratory with sample collection and analysis.
- Assist with the delivery/unloading of chemicals.
- Perform pump draw down tests and adjust chemical pumps as necessary.
- Assist maintenance personnel if needed.
- On minor/major outages you may be assigned where help is needed.
- Clean trenches and monitor for excessive buildup as necessary.
- General housekeeping after filter press runs (wash downs).
- Work with any CCR hauling contractors as needed (coordinate sludge hauling).
- Light preventive maintenance to include lubrication and cleaning.
- May be required to become proficient and operate Front end loader, Skid Steer, Dump Truck and Vacuum Truck.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be observant and have normal color vision acuity in addition to being able to detect abnormal operations through sight, sound, and smell.
- Must have thorough knowledge of basic power plant operations and of Lock out/Tag out systems
- Able to understand and verify adherence to Contractor's Lock out/Tag out operation and procedures at the PWS Processing Plant (on 480V motor control center circuits and lower voltage circuits).
- Ability to read and interpret power plant process flow diagrams and operating procedures. • Individual should be a motivated self-starter capable of troubleshooting common operational system problems and performing some routine maintenance procedures.
- Proficient in heavy equipment operation (including forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer loader, etc.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.