This job has expired.
Lehigh Valley, a DFA company, is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to work in our Schuylkill Haven, PA facility.
Starting rate is $22.40/hour with an increase to $25.19 after 90 days. Eligible for additional pay increases over time.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus that will pay $1,000 after 90 days, 6 months, and 1 year of employment.
This is a 3rd shift position with a schedule of Monday-Wednesday, Friday-Saturday: 8pm-4am. Thursday and Sunday off.
This position is eligible for benefits as prescribed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) that governs this position.
The Plant Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition independently and with little direct supervision. The Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
• Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
• Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning plant equipment; maintain, repair and overhaul plant equipment.
• Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
• Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery, PH house)
• Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
• Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
• Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
• 2 years experience required in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
• 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
• 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
• Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
• Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Kansas City, Kansas
Posted 27 minutes ago
Posted 26 minutes ago
Posted 26 minutes ago