DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
The Plant Lead leads a multi-skilled workforce that is moving DCP Midstream into the future. Our Plant Operations leaders oversee and direct operations for a group of skilled technicians overseeing our gas processing plants. Directs others and lead projects while ensuring the safe and compliant operation of our facilities. Develops turnaround packages, safe job plans, and have heavy interaction with multiple work groups and disciplines. Leads by example through sound work execution, troubleshooting, and a commitment to DCP's Start Safe, Finish Safe culture. This role will also act as the Plant Supervisor in their absence.
WHAT YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Delegates and prioritizes work as necessary
- Gathers and trends operational performance data
- Optimizes processing throughout the facility and maintains proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and leads team to complete appropriate corrections
- Assists plant repair personnel with maintenance including changing filters for air, oil, amine, etc. and repair work on methanol and chemical pumps
- Engages in and develops safety inspections, writes hot work permits, writes safe work permits, writes bypass permits, conducts lab testing and other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Assists with housekeeping and cleanup routines throughout the plant
- Identifies issues in the plant and enters Maximo job orders
- Conducts Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance
- Performs lock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA
- Attains skills to input spill reports, blow down reports, flare report, AVO's reports and other operational data
- Understands and complies with environmental regulations, documents and reports readings as dictated by permit
- Reads, uses and understands PFD's, P&ID's and Plot Plans.
- Performs trucking loading and unloading procedures/requirements including tanks, valves, pumps, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Plant Process Safety Management (PSM) program. Ensures all plant personnel are trained on program requirements. Coordinates with other departments, such as Engineering, to ensure all program documentation remains up to date and reflects changes in the plant.
- Integral in the development of fellow employees through direct feedback and interaction with the Plant Supervisor.
- High school degree or GED and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in a gas processing environment required although new employees typically have 4-6 years' experience
- Oil and gas industry experience required
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Must be able to respond to call outs as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to work while wearing required PPE and coach teammates on proper use of PPE
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 8, 2022, 6:22:09 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.