Job ID: 475718
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Works with production manager in the coordination and scheduling of workflow within or between plant functional areas to expedite production while producing a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides employee training
- Oversees daily work of employees
- Working in conjunction with Plant Manager
- Warns, disciplines, or terminates employees not working to company standards
- Processes daily production schedule
- Assigns duties to plant employees
- Assists in repair, construction, maintenance of equipment when time allows
- Reviews work completed to ensure it is up to quality standards
- Enforces all health and safety policies in the shop
- Ensures that all deadlines are met
- Assists employees in on-site health or safety emergencies
- Inspects and cleans shop equipment
- Assists with equipment and machinery repair as available
- Operates shop machinery such as forklifts, loaders, or manufacturing equipment
- Ensures that shop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous material
- Maintains & Advances Superlite (5) fundamental beliefs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Possesses detailed knowledge of manufacturing practices/processes
- Works well with a team
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills
- Possesses solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates awareness of all health and safety protocols
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency
- Manages time efficiently
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Pays attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Capable of translating industry terminology into straightforward terms for explanatory purposes
- Able to operate heavy machinery
- High school diploma or GED required
- Manufacturing experience required
- Proven supervisory experience required
What CRH Offers You
- The majority of working hours will be spent on the job participating in production processes and leading/directing plant production teams
- Shift may vary from day to evenings
- Weekend hours will be required
- Standard 40-hour workweek applies, overtime is necessary
- Remain compliant to plant PPE requirements
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Facilities, Plant, Plant Manager, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.