Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
This Engineering Professional position is for an Engineering Specialist II role in the Linde Gases US HYCO North Region and will be assigned as a Plant Engineer to the HyCO production facilities in the Deleware City Plant producing hydrogen.
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager and work closely with the facility manager and staff to solve technical problems, deliver productivity savings, and sustain safe, reliable, low-cost production operations.
The Engineering Specialist's Responsibilities include:
Other Requirements Include
- Process safety stewardship in all aspects; change management, hazard analysis and abnormal situation management, etc.
- Mentor and support the development of facility operations and maintenance personnel and HYTOP engineers
- Delivery and support of cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets
- Providing technical support to plant operations, and the maintenance and shutdown organizations in the optimization of plant operations
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and small project execution.
- Serving as back up to the plant manager when the plant manager is not on site.
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- 3 years of related plant experience, with at least 2 years in Hydrogen and/or Carbon Monoxide manufacturing preferred. Must have strong technical skills including knowledge of practical application of Process Safety procedures such as PHA, MOC, and RCA.
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships across departmental lines.
- Must be able and willing to adapt to a work schedule that coincides with plant operational needs. Must also be able and willing to work for extended periods of time in an operating plant under various environmental conditions. Must also be able and willing to work inside of confined spaces.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as to lead and participate on cross-functional teams.
- Must be willing to carry a laptop computer and cell phone for occasional use during off hours.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion, and obtain results.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability and desire to persevere.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.