At American Augers in West Salem, Ohio we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturer in large underground pipe and cable market. Our plant in West Salem stands out because it is a place for people to learn and thrive. We enjoy coming to work because we get to see equipment from start to finish. There is nothing better to see the machines we have created come alive and be ready to be put to work. All our locations build the intricate network of machinery that contributes to The Toro Company. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world.
We invite you to apply and join a team of highly skilled, and highly passionate people.
This position is responsible for assuring, on a continual basis, that an uninterrupted flow of production material is available to support the production process. It also monitors inventory levels, expedite material, and audit material adjustment transactions to support a minimum inventory production process. The Planner will plan, schedule and release, purchased parts in an effective manner while supporting company objectives regarding inventory, sales volume, product cost, and customer demand.
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, expedite or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Management of inventory level and advising of overages or shortfalls of inventory and any availability constraints.
- Works independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system.
- As required monitors and corrects all advanced shipping notice transmissions.
- Ensure materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively manage assigned inventory portfolio, with the intention of minimizing costs and improving supply chain performance.
- Works with Engineering, Production and Sourcing to stop procurement of material affected by Engineering change and coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked.
- Represents Production Planning and Analysis at various meetings and relays necessary information.
- Collects information, compiles into standard formats and prepares monthly reports as required.
- Provides input for inventory reports, surplus stock lists, production specifications, and plant capacity data as requested.
- Effectively communicates requirements to meet production schedules, while maintaining good supplier relationships.
- Work with Sourcing, Quality, and Receiving to return rejected or damaged inventory to the Supplier.
- Assists in Supplier relationship management including meetings and supplier visits.
- Keep well-informed of external factors that may affect the supply chain.
- Special projects as assigned
- Extended use of a personal computer
- Office environment most of the time, with regular trips to shop floor
- Work day lengths of up to 10 hours, with occasional weekend work
- Rapidly changing workloads and priorities, frequently with multiple requests from a variety of supervisors and managers
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in supply chain and/or manufacturing with focus on production planning/scheduling and materials management disciplines preferred
- Exhibit a professional, self-confident image
- Must possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP is a plus
- Some travel may be required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.