You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Per Diem Physical Therapist (Columbus)
Stillwater Billings Clinic (Stillwater Billings Clinic)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: CUSTOM.POSTING.WAGE
Job Summary Essential Job Functions Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing direct patient care, evaluations, consultations, and treatments to assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance. The Physical Therapist may work in one or more of the Rehabilitation Service areas to include hospital, inpatient and/or outpatient, and with home health patients in their homes.
* Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's and facility's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
* Evaluates patient's physical and functional status with regard to developmental and chronological age by administering and interpreting tests. Observes and interviews patients, reviews medical charts and consults with physicians or nursing personnel as appropriate.
* Develops individual treatment plan to include objective measures, assessment, short and long term goals, frequency and duration of therapy in accordance with documentation standards.
* Demonstrates creativity, skill and efficiency in designing and implementing treatment plans that include the use of recognized treatment techniques and modalities appropriate to the age and disability being treated and goals to be achieved.
* Modifies treatment plan per ongoing evaluation process to improve treatment effectiveness.
* Selects from a variety of physical therapy treatment modalities, determines appropriate therapeutic exercises and administers and monitors the application of therapy.
* Determines appropriate devices and equipment necessary to assist patient in performing physical activities.
* Maintains communication with Medical Director, attending physician, ancillary department and requesting third party payers regarding patient's treatment plan and progress through written and verbal means.
* Documents timely regular initial evaluation, progress and discharge notes consistent with departmental policy, regulatory agency and reimbursement requirements.
* Discusses evaluations, goals and treatments with patients and families to minimize anxieties and maximize cooperation.
* Participates in discharge planning and/or care conferences with physicians, nursing and social services personnel to ensure patients have appropriate assistance and continuation of rehabilitation at home or in other care settings.
* Completes daily patient charges and work schedule.
* Identifies need and sets goals for own professional growth and development; meets all mandatory requirements. Participates and attends educational meetings with respect to continuing education, co-worker in-services, and Stillwater Billings Clinic educational course offerings to enhance knowledge and further professional skills.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Essential Functions Disclaimer
Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
* Common policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
* Personal computers, hardware and software
* Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
* Code of Business Conduct
* Compliance Program
* HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
* Patient's rights
* Patient safety standards
* Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
* Regulatory requirements and standards (i.e., State Survey, OSHA, etc.)
* Safety and infection control policies and practices
* Anatomy, physiology, developmental growth
* Physical therapy treatments
* Third party and government payer reimbursement methodologies and practices
* Restraint reduction
* Professional communication (both verbal and written) and interviewing skills
* Demonstrating empathy and sensitivity necessary to elicit patient's cooperation and allay apprehensions
* Analytical skills necessary to prepare treatment care plans, coordinate and implement effective rehabilitation care and to develop solutions to problems concerning patient's/resident's mental or physical well being
* Documenting in patient care records
* Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
* Establish and maintain collaborative relationships; working effectively with nursing, allied health and all other medical personnel and customers/guests
* Concentrate and pay close attention to detail
* Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of work load assignments
* Stand for prolonged periods of time
* Work independently
* Utilize time management concepts and maximize time effectively
* Concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional rehabilitation services, resolving patient care problems and dealing with patients and other guests, often during stressful situations
* Lift, push, pull and move greater than 50 pounds unassisted
* Complexity & Difficulty
Assesses patient progress frequently and revises treatment plan as necessary based on subjective and objective responses.
* Errors in judgment can potentially result in serious physical harm to patients.
* Frequent opportunity to make documentation and billing errors, which may be detected by fellow workers, supervisor, clients and reimbursement agencies, can cause delay, expense and rework to correct.
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS At least two years' experience as a physical therapist preferred Healthcare Provider CPR certification Current Montana state licensure as a physical therapist as appropriate to the state where services are provided Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
At least two years' experience as a physical therapist preferred
Healthcare Provider CPR certification
Current Montana state licensure as a physical therapist as appropriate to the state where services are provided
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.
Newark, New Jersey
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago