This job has expired.
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Central Transport Service provides safe, courteous, and timely "patient centered" transport of patients, patient
equipment and patient related items throughout Brigham and Women's Hospital. Escort Transporters spend most of
their day managing the more challenging transport assignments, training staff, reporting and /or referring all complex or
unresolved issues to the supervisors and completing general escort responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transports patients in stretchers, beds or wheelchairs to the test sites for testing and back to their rooms once the test is
completed. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital systems and procedures, location of all departments, treatment areas
and other patient services. Transports specimens to the lab, as required and transport patients to lobby areas upon
- Receive assignments via Pagers and two way phones from dispatchers or supervisors. Enter pickups and completion of
assignments in the bed system by using the telephony systems as trained
- Responds to simple patient requests, communicating more complex needs to the RN. Provides supportive customer
service, functioning as part of the patient care team and demonstrating appropriate behavior in interactions with staff,
patients and visitors.
- Uses germicidal wipes and disposable gloves to disinfect transport equipment prior to patient transport and at the
completion of the assignment.
- Follows infection control guidelines and safety protocols when transporting patients and patient equipment.
- Follow proper safety protocol when assigned to pick up patients from the Helipad.
- Transports, cleans, tags and returns to designated storage area: IV poles, monitors, wheelchairs, stretchers, pumps,
scales, lift and other patient equipment as directed by supervisor
- Maintains neatness and organization of work and storage areas. Collects, disinfects and stores transport and patient
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year experience as an escort at BWH preferred.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Ability to stand, carry, push and pull 50-80 lbs.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to operate elevator, radios, pagers, and other equipment in a professional manner
• Ability to perfom keyboard
• Ability to operate equipment including beds, stretchers, etc.
Acheivment Motivation(Looks to make things systemically better.)
Sets Priorities based upon looking at all alternatives and then determining the best potential outcome.
Concern for Order(Pays attention to details and organizes them.)
Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information.
Self Confidence(Presents self impressively and with a positive outlook.)
States own position clearly and confidently at all times.
Analytical Thinking(Understands and applies problem solving techniques.)
Uses several techniques to identify /break apart complex problems to reach a conclusion.
Future Thinking(Thinks ahead to act on future needs or prevent problems.)
Continuously thinks of ways to avoid problems beforehand.
Information Seeking(Gathers information for self and/or others)
Continuously pursues information from a variety of sources and individuals to improve decision-making.
Developing Others(Looks to develop skills and behaviors of others.)
Gives specific feedback on performance, expresses positive expectations for future performance, and gives direction or demonstrations with reasons or rationale.
Customer Service Focus(Acts on behalf of the patient/customer)
Seeks information about the real, underlying needs of the customers/patients, and matches products and/ or services to those needs.
Inquiry(Seeks to understand what others are saying, feeling and thinking.)
Responds to people's concerns by altering own behavior in a helpful, responsive way.
Teamwork & Cooperation(Looks to achieve results as a team and generally respects other team members.)
Promotes a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation for all team members and co-workers.
Work requires prolonged walking, standing, and pushing patient transportation vehicles. Lifting and guiding patients onto transportation vehicles with assistance of other personnel.
Office working conditions are clean and well-lighted, in a reasonably quiet and professional environment. Brigham and Women's Hospital is a fragrance control environment.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Posted 15 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago