Patient Accounts Supervisor
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Assist the Director of Patient Financial Services in managing and coordinating all aspects of billing reimbursements including reimbursement analysis and regulatory compliance monitoring. Acting director in absence of the manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years Health Care experience, preferably in a hospital or corporate Business Office.
- Two (2) years patient accounting experience, follow-up of health care insurance claims.
- Two (2) years in customer service.
- AAHAM CRCS Required or must obtained within one (1) year of hire.
- Two years Cerner experienced required.
- Two (2) years IBM (or compatible) computer experience or class credits including Dbase, MS Power Point MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Alphabetic and numerical filing experience required.
- Experience using office machinery including printers, photocopiers, fax machines, and multi-line phone systems.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm, 10-key calculator by touch.
- Ability to speak Yup'ik preferred.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of Daily Cash Posting.
- Ensures a high level of quality service provided to patients.
- Responsible for adequate staffing and overage.
- Responsible for continuing staff education and training.
- Bank Deposit and Reconciliation.
- Audits for quality assurance on Cash Posting and adjustments.
- Make sure Manager of Patient Financial Services is informed of any unusual and significant issues that may affect patient satisfaction, timeliness of services or reimbursement or general patient flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:15110Location:BethelDepartment:Revenue ManagementEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.