INDIANA MEMORIAL UNION (BA-IMAU-IUBLA)
The Indiana Memorial Union (IMU) has been the heart of the Indiana University Bloomington campus for more than 100 years. Every day thousands of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests enjoy the many amenities and opportunities the IMU has to offer.
Located on the main level of the Indiana Memorial Union, Bowling & Billiards offers bowling, billiards, electronic dartboards, pinball, table tennis, and Xbox One in a fun, alcohol-free environment. Bowling & Billiards is a part of the IMU's Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Performs general operation and maintenance necessary to operate the Bowling & Billiards Center.
- Performs cash/credit transactions.
- Performs repairs to pin setting equipment
- Performs maintenance of facilities.
- Uses a lane oiling machine.
- Sustains knowledge of daily activities, such as reservations, events, and parties.
- Currently enrolled as a student at Indiana University
- Proficient communication skills
- Ability to work on and around bowling pin setting machines (large machines, moving parts, loud, crowded spaces) and lane oiling machines (heavy, team-lifting)
- Displays high levels of customer service
This position is open to both work study and non-work study applicantsWork Location
Indiana Memorial Union room M095C
900 E 7th Street
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Student Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us