DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
The Operations Technician will be responsible to operate a process (e.g.- plant, cavern, manned compressor stations treatment facilities), perform maintenance and repair of instrument and mechanical systems, and ensure safe and reliable operations. The is a broadly skilled position and a qualified individual will perform all operational and most maintenance, electrical, troubleshooting, and repair tasks. This job is assigned a shift at plant that is staffed around the clock every day.
What you will be responsible for
- Performs Startup, Shutdown, and operation of variousequipment/systems but not limited to
- Gas compression, Cryogenic processing units (including helium extraction), NGL Fractionator, liquid handling systems
- Treatment systems such as amine, glycol, Sulphur Recovery Unit, etc.
- Utility systems such as cooling towers, boilers, furnaces, hot oil, waste heat, Thermal Oxidizer, etc.
- Conducts routine inspection and operation of dehydration systems.
- Operates storage and truck racks (such as condensate, wastewater, etc)
- Works with others to optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Conducts routine inspection of equipment and facilities (equipment health, security, AVO- Audio, Visual, Olfactory)
- Leads pipeline pigging (receiving), hydrate management, etc.
- Performs a variety of Mechanical Maintenance and Repair duties such as:
- Maintenance and repair of engines, compressors and associated components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintenance and repair of pumps and associated components, such as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other mechanical equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve actuators, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of fixed equipment such as filters (all types), strainers, dehydration systems, etc.
- Performs a variety of Instrumentation and Electrical Maintenance such as:
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of end devices such as transmitters, switches, fire eyes, haz gas detection, level detection, loop tuning, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other instrumentation and electrical equipment such as valve actuators, positioners, electric motors, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of control system components such as Uninterruptable Power Supply's, Programmable Logic Controllers, Equipment Health Monitoring devices, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of motor control systems and associated components.
- Performs a variety of Measurement activities such as:
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of meter and associated equipment (meter tube plates, ultrasonic meter, flow computer).
- Routine inspection, maintenance and repair of communications equipment and sampling system.
- Product composition and quality sampling and testing.
- Work autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions. Available for callout.
- Participates in and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, MAXIMO work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimizes work in most effective (efficient and leveraging priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Effectively utilizes tools and tests equipment as needed.
- Responds to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and / or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively present information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil and gas operations experience is required; 3 years of experience in oil and gas operations preferred.
- At least 1 year of specialized experience in mechanical maintenance, instrumentation and electrical maintenance, or measurement is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work safely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- The salary is $64,667-$132,829.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
Aug 17, 2022, 3:15:31 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.