According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 11 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 531,200 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.
According to BLS, the median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations was $91,250 in May 2020, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $41,950.
Here are some occupations within IT:
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Support Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Information Security Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Software Developers
- Web Developers and Digital Designers