Deliver the value and potential of our game-changing pipeline
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness, and maximizing the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialized portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
As an Oncology Account Specialist (OAS) in the Queens, NY market for the Lung team you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
- Tumor-based sales specialist with deep disease-area acumen who engages customers through a variety of mediums (in-person/virtual)
- Leading interactions with appropriate HCPs
- On-label tumor-based clinical selling with providers who support patient care as part of a multidisciplinary care team
- Identifies specific customer needs for education and appropriately shares insights
- Identifies tumor-focused business priorities at the account and territory-level; works with Oncology Business Manager to ensure appropriate account plans are created and led
- Usesfull understanding of the tumor patient journey and engages with key multi-disciplinary care stakeholders across all relevant journey elements
- Appropriately employs omnichannel engagement to complement personal promotion
- Is a role model for living AZ values who diligently and consistently upholds our ethical standards and compliance expectations
Engagement and Facilitation
- Identifies account dynamics including drivers of decision-making
- Learns account priorities for the specific tumor type and local trends and ecosystem relevant to clinical practice
- Conducts opportunity assessment across patient journey (including diagnosis, treatment, patient management), to inform business priorities, encompassing HCP & account perspectives
- Informs account plans using knowledge of treatment decision making, prior experience from interactions in the account, and analytics in coordination with brand and analytics teams
- Develops tumor-focused business plan encompassing account and territory-level priorities based on key insights
- Identifies multi-disciplinary stakeholders within account across the patient journey, in line with priorities defined in business plan
- Develops engagement plans focused on key account stakeholders; shares plans with cross-functional peers and manager to ensure collective AZ approach is aligned, well-coordinated, and maximizes appropriate engagement
- Works with peer field team members to identify cross-brand engagement opportunities, where appropriate
- Engages with relevant stakeholders within an account, as appropriate, in order to address tumor priorities
- Provides critical input into geography-level priorities and plans based on deep knowledge of opportunities and barriers in accounts across the territory
- regarding Share insights with functional experts across the internal team regarding the customer needs requiring in-depth expertise
- Educate and engage HCPs in dialogue about efficacy, safety, and dosing profiles for FDA-approved indications to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients
- Respond to customer objections using approved messaging and/or tools to connect customer to supporting resources/personnel
- Educate and engage HCPs about unmet needs within a given disease state and the relevance of specific biomarkers to defined patient populations aligned to approved AZ medicines
- Educate on approved companion diagnostic tests and importance of appropriate patient identification to inform targeted treatment
- Deliver upstream compliant education regarding diagnosis, treatment, and/or patient management (beyond product) utilizing approved materials
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Pharmaceutical Sales experience
- Track record of strong sales goal achievement
- Track record of building customer relationships through a variety of mediums (in-person and virtual)
- Demonstrated clinical selling skills and business acumen in complex selling environment
- Demonstrated collaboration, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, and tenacity
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
Together, as ambitious experts, we're building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business, and Oncology. Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.