Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in more than 70 cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,700 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a business of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC].
For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
As an E-Learning Specialist you will be responsible for producing blended learning materials, both for virtual and in-person training programs across the Oliver Wyman population (including Support Professionals and Partners). You will also be responsible for driving a strong user experience for our LXP platform, Degreed.
This role covers the entire cycle of content development, from conducting the initial needs assessment, designing, testing, adjusting and measuring the impact of the instructional content. You will curate and highlight content on our LXP platform and plan learning campaigns to drive user engagement. In addition, you may take on special projects within the Learning & Development team including searching and selecting external partners, facilitating sessions, supporting the launch of new programs, etc.
- Work with the Learning and Development team and subject matter experts to understand performance needs, define learning objectives and develop engaging content for digital, in-person, and blended learning programs.
- Use research and interviews with subject matter experts to capture information to use for developing new programs and learning modules.
- Apply adult learning principles and leverage leading edge tools and delivery methods to facilitate effective learning and to assess the effectiveness and impact of our programs on the learner.
- Stay informed on any new trends in learning approaches, technology and tools to ensure we deliver innovative solutions to our internal clients.
- Collaborate and consult with Regional Learning & Development team on program changes to ensure alignment with budgets, practicality of implementation and program effectiveness.
- Leverage leading edge tools and technologies to facilitate effective learning and to create a "world class" experience for our people.
- Use innovative and creative methods to drive users to our LXP (Degreed) and evaluate the success of initiatives
- Evaluate performance of content, identify trends and make recommendations to improve engagement and performance
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic track record in a related field, e.g. education / educational technology, instructional technology, communication, or psychology
- 5+ years of work experience in instructional design and developing learning content for a large corporate or consulting organization, including demonstrated experience in independently designing, developing, planning and implementing e-learning modules and virtual sessions
- Management consulting experience desired
- Industry certifications in e-learning design and/or instructional design preferred
- Proven understanding of adult learning principles, frameworks and tools relevant for designing blended programs
- Passion for end user learning experience
- Experience with emerging trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, augmented reality)
- Experience driving learning campaigns and platform engagement
- Experience balancing dynamic work demands in a challenging, fast-paced, international environment with numerous stakeholders to satisfy and collaborating across different fields of expertise.
- Experience managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders and short turnaround times.
- Proven ability to foster relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of obtaining results through partnering and collaboration
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Extensive experience with authoring tools, such as Articulate 360/ Articulate Storyline
- LMS (e.g., Workday) administration experience including eLearning publishing and learning assessments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals
This job has expired.
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Project management skills, including work planning, stakeholder management, time management and prioritization
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities
- Ability to be self-directed and drive initiatives at a global level
- Demonstrated inclusive and globally aware mindset
- Genuinely committed to creating learning programs to develop a collective culture, enhance professional networks, develop core skills and evolve strategic skills and behaviors