The Home for Little Wanderers is seeking an Occupational Therapist who will be responsible for providing evaluation, treatment, teaching and consultation at WalthamHouse, a supporting LGBTIA-identifying people and their families.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
How You'll Be Making a Difference
- Administers assessments and applies evaluation techniques to determine functional status and identify therapy needs
- Analyzes evaluation results and designs interventions to meet the needs of client, incorporating factors of child's developmental and medical history, social environment, and educational placement
- Develops individual treatment plans, adapting and adjusting goals and objectives appropriately
- Provides individual, consult, and group treatment on site at the Therapeutic Group Care setting as well as direct and consult services to youth and families receiving services within their home settings
Participates as needed in weekly treatment team reviews and quarterly Family Team Meetingsand other meetings, as requested by the youth and/or other members of thetreatment team.
- Collaborates with parents, guardians, collateral agencies, community providers, and schools to coordinate client's treatment needs
- Provides clinical supervision to Occupational Therapy students in internship placements within The Home as requested
- Provides in-service training regarding strategies to facilitate carry over of skills learned in occupational therapy
- Requires a master's degree from an accredited program in occupational therapy with a current NBCOT registration and licensure as an occupational therapist granted by the State of Massachusetts
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software applications
What The Home Can Offer You
- May be required to operate a vehicle; have a valid driver's license and a "satisfactory" driving record.
- May be required to have access to a personal vehicle for use during work hours andto use personal vehicle to transport clients on occasion if/when needed.
- If required to transport clients, must maintain the minimum amounts of liability insurance as required by The Home and/or other regulatory requirements and vehicle registration must be current.
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of countless youth, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
This job has expired.
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!