PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support the licensed staff by giving indirect patient care and performing nursing functions.
Duty 1: Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit/department to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 2: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 3: Orders and restocks patient care supplies as needed to provide adequate stock to meet daily patient care needs.
Duty 4: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 5: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for the provision of patient care.
Duty 6: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS CPR certification or obtain within 6 months of hire
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Healthcare setting, direct patient care
- Healthcare setting, non-direct patient care
- Certified STNA
- Student enrolled in a healthcare major
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Strong technology, typing, and computer skills
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Medical terminology/medical training experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This job has expired.