Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Nursing - Endoscopy
First Shift (United States of America)
Plans, provides and supervises nursing interventions for individuals with cancer and cancer-related health care problems; diagnoses and treats human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as patient care, health teaching, and health counseling; provides interventions supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; executes medical regimens prescribed by a physician, dentist or other licensed health care provider authorized by the State Education Commissioner's regulations; supervises Nurse I's, Licensed Practical Nurses, Hospital Clinical Assistants and Clinical Support Assistants; performs administrative tasks with assigned area of responsibility; enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
Required Education and Experience
License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
Education and Experience
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time oncology nursing experience; or
2. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time critical care experience; or
3. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of three (3) years of full-time medical-surgical experience in an acute care setting; or
4. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time medical-surgical experience in an acute care setting and completion of Roswell Park nursing orientation with the ability to function independently at a satisfactory level for three (3) months (full-time) as a Nurse I at Roswell Park.
1. Incumbents will serve a one (1) year full-time probationary period as a Nurse II.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have Endoscopy experience.
The preferred candidate will have Pulmonary experience.
The preferred candidate will have their ACLS.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .