For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
Our Performance Chemicals divison is searching for a North American Finance Manager to be based in the headquarters office in Malvern, PA
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
- We are not offering relocation or visa sponsorship for this role at this time.
The North American Finance Manager provides analytical business support and financial support services to the Performance Chemicals business. This position's primary focus is on the North America Silicates business (US, Canada and Mexico), with a strong business partnering focus on the business unit's General Manager and its leadership team. The North America Finance Manager will provide analyses, insights and recommendations, which will help drive improvements in operations, sales, and the overall profitability of the Performance Chemicals business. Compliance with fiscal and statutory rulings and SOX are of utmost importance. This makes for a diverse and challenging job. The North America Finance Manager will be responsible for developing, coaching and mentoring a team of 3 managers and 2 analysts across the region.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and manage an efficient and effective North America finance team to ensure they make a full contribution to the company's objectives;
- Support the completion of the month end, quarterly and annual close processes, ensuring the close is completed timely and producing the related reporting packs, investigating and explaining variances, and taking corrective actions;
- Lead the annual budget process for the North America Performance Chemicals business, which entails meeting strict deadlines, reviewing product costing, and understanding and justifying variances compared to prior year and prior budget;
- Provide the financial input to the sales and operations forecasting process;
- Calculate the cost of regional product movements to assist in decision making;
- Calculate sales prices for main customers with cost pass-through contracts;
- Responsibility for working capital of North America Performance Chemicals business, including producing forecasts, understanding variances and taking action if required;
- Support the site operations managers and proactively contribute to the Performance Chemicals leadership team;
- Provide financial analysis and advice to the America Silicate business team including producing financial justifications for large investment decisions and creating pricing models for customers;
- Provide financial approval of all North America Performance Chemicals capital investment projects;
- Promote financial best practices and efficiency in processes; continuously identify and implement opportunities to improve;
- Support the quarterly and annual audit process through the provision of audit schedules and analysis of results, inventory, costs, customer trends or other key business factors;
- Run an efficient and effective financial accounting service for the various production locations. Ensure that an effective control environment is maintained through compliance with both internal and external standards (SOX).
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
The North America Finance Manager will be an accomplished finance professional with proven finance skills, solid business acumen and an ability to adequately manage their time to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner. Additionally, the candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field;MBA preferred;
- CPA desirable but not required;
- Sarbanes Oxley experience;
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience with increasing responsibilities in business/financial support roles in a manufacturing environment;
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Experience with financial accounting software; SAP strongly preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Personality and Cultural Success Factors
Beyond the ability to work independently, prioritize and attain deliverables, the North America Finance Manager must also possess the following traits:
This job has expired.
- Demonstrated leadership capability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with the Corporate Finance team;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and a focus on internal "customer" satisfaction;
- Strong aptitude for process improvements required;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations;
- Must be highly disciplined, results-oriented and self-motivated;
- Strong organization skills. Ability to organize complex projects, manage multiple tasks, and meet established deadlines;
- Detail oriented;
- Highest level of integrity.