DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
A Field Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment within their geographic area of responsibility. The role is a broadly skilled position qualified to perform most troubleshooting, and repair tasks within their area of responsibility. The work is related to maintenance, electrical, measurement, and repair tasks. Actively involved in peer mentoring/training as needed
What you will be responsible for
- Maintains and repairs PLC, HMI equipment, software, pipeline valves and actuators, motor control equipment, prime mover and pumps.
- Samples and tests product streams for quality control and accurate measurement.
- Maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Responds to One Call requests for line location; protects the pipeline from third party damage
- Maintains, calibrates and repairs measurement equipment (including meters, provers, flow computers, etc.
- Maintains and repairs instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, Maximo work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Tech school training program or 1 year of oil and gas operations experience is required; 3 years of experience in NGL Pipeline operations preferred.
- 2 years of experience with liquid measurement(preferred)
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work safely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Field Tech / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 15, 2022, 12:16:48 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.