DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Coordinate and oversee all NGL pipeline and Right of Way (ROW) maintenance activities. Serve as primary point of contact, and facilitator for pipeline integrity activities (In Line Inspection (ILI) Digs, rehab, repair, etc). Manage emergency response readiness by ensuring critical equipment and parts are on hand, and contractors are pre-qualified and ready to be called at a moment's notice.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Coordinate all aspects of non-routine pipeline maintenance activities within geographically assigned area. Initiate requests for service, develop project scope, monitor project status, invoicing, and quality control.Assure economic execution through proper planning, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance activities that will disrupt pipeline flow rates with other departments including, Commercial, Marketing and local Reliability Coordinator.Work together to develop a schedule that will maximize efficiency and facility reliability/availability.
- Manages pipeline ROW condition by ensuring regular maintenance such as mowing, weed spraying, side trimming, and maintenance of pipeline signs and aerial markers are done on a regular basis.
- Determines frequency and schedule of necessary maintenance activities
- Prepares budget, gains budget approval, and monitors budget adherence.
- Selects vendors to perform maintenance activities, or coordinates with Operations Supervisor if DCP staff will perform the work.Determines reasonableness of vendor fees and may negotiate for lower fees if appropriate.
- Received reports of any pipeline issues (such as exposed pipe), reports issues to upper management.If repair is prioritized and authorized, oversees all aspects of completing the work including approval of proposed repair method.
- Manage remediation of pipe exposures and high risk shallow pipe
- Coordinate local Pipeline Integrity activities in cooperation with corporate integrity department.
- Primary liaison with corporate Pipeline Integrity to coordinate the pig runs.
- Manages needed pipeline repairs identified by a Pipeline Integrity inspection, such as pipe damage, or areas where the pipe has become exposed or is buried too shallow.
- Selects and schedules the crews to perform the work, identifies repairs to be made, gets approval from corporate Pipeline Integrity on recommended repairs, ensures the repairs are completed and inspected.Maintains the documentation of all actions and completes the reports.
- Completes the "Job Book", which is a complete set of documentation of every step of the process and all actions taken including documentation safety procedures, vendor qualifications/certification, instructions to vendors, copies of x-rays on the pipe, documentation of all findings and work performed, copies of inspection reports, etc.The Job Book is critical documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures emergency response readiness
- Ensures inventory of critical equipment and parts is on hand at all times including pipe, fittings, repair materials, and valves.
- Identifies and selects vendors to conduct emergency repairs.Conducts this selection in advance so the vendors are ready to be called at a moment's notice.
- Acts as SME escalation point for complex right-of-way concerns and encroachment issues such as construction of another pipe across our pipe's path.Coordinates activities such as digging to expose the pipe and reburial in a manner then ensures we maintain compliance with regulatory compliance.As needed, coordinates with engineering on load calculations, etc.
- Respond to facility pipeline emergencies, and coordinate the necessary activities to return the assets to full operational capacity.
- Responsible for all aspects of vendor management.
- Identifies and selects vendors to provide resources such as inspection, contract labor, technical support, equipment, and material procurement required to coordinate tasks.Liaises with engineering, mechanical integrity, and construction services to ensure vendors meet their needs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with contractors, landowners, regulatory agencies, and internal customers.
- Monitor contractor safety, competency, quality, and performance.
- Provide final review for accuracy and account for all Pipeline Inspection reports completed by the Technicians.
- Sends to mapping system for documentation and then files it. Including Aerial Patrols, Exposed Pipe Reports, Maintenance Reports, Encroachment reports, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- A minimum of5years relatedMaintenance/Constructionexperience is required although employees typically have7years; oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license andmay berequired to obtain a CDL.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of pipeline/plant repair and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules and practices and a satisfactory safety record.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationshipsand to be able to guide and coordinate work activities being performed by company or contract personnel.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Valid Drivers license
- Works indoors and outdoors, gets in and out of vehicles, works around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment
- Requires moving about equipment and working in confined areas, may work below grade.
- Works in temperature extremes to the extent of weather conditions and operating equipment
- Occasionally must wear special safety equipment while working; must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- May work in several different geographic locations.
- Travel from site to site
- Extended hours and work on weekends, as needed
- Must be physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things: bending, moving from ground level to higher levels, raising/lifting from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transporting a load up to 75 lbs., applying up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
May 14, 2022, 1:00:00 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.