Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at .
Responsible for exemplifying PST Values and Behaviors, safely perform inspections on customer owned parts, performs manual and automated grit blast prepping processes, setting up parts utilizing masking and holding fixtures mounted to robotic arms, operates equipment to run thermal spray coating process in accordance with required safety and quality standards.
- Application of basic machining principles in the finishing of materials
- Responsible for reading and interpreting customer and supplier drawings and specifications
- Will use digital and non- digital measurement tools with an emphasis on dimensional accuracy and precision
- Ability to obtain fork truck license and operate crane
- Ability to read and interpret job instructions, fill out quality documentation and identify non- conformances
- Ability to operate a manual super finish belt polisher head
- Ability to use OD Mics, height gages, dial indicators and profilometers
- Set up of cylindrical rolls (anilox rolls) into laser engraving machine, utilizing crane, chuck and tailstock, dial indicator for measuring and adjusting for total indicated runout and taper
- Able to interface with equipment computer interface, menus, command prompts, entering parameters
- Able to understand optics and relation to focal points and beam intensity
- Perform laser beam alignment tasks and test engravings
- Able to understand geometric characteristics of micro engravings, angles, cell line count, ratio of cell opening to depth, and volume
- Able to learn operation of complex electromechanical scope system that scans micro engraved cells and provides quantitative feedback on the geometry and then use this information to compare to customer specifications to determine if engraving is conforming or non-conforming
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Manual grinder or manual horizontal lathe experience
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Strong communication, organization and attention to detail
- Mathematic skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work 2nd shift Preferred Experience & Education
- Technical School Degree
- Certification from a nationally accredited metalworking organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.