Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson ELECTRONICS SOLUTIONS is a pioneer in technologies used in Printed Circuit Board and LED/LCD assembly, semiconductor and wafer-level packaging, and acoustic, optical and X-ray Test and Inspection. We partner with high-tech manufacturing customers around the world to help deliver the products of tomorrow.
The MTS, Senior Software is responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs.
May also be responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging embedded real time control systems. The developer will be working with senior engineers and will exercise capabilities in real time IO, control systems, network and bus data transfer, and efficient memory management.
Works on problems of moderate to large scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Demonstrates leadership in the use of clean code and extreme programming principles.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures.
- Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigation, surveys, structures or equipment with moderately complex features for which there are precedents.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Independently performs research regarding technologies and practices to apply to a particular solution.
- Adheres to the agile software development life-cyle prescribed by team leaders.
- Utilize unit testing as a means of ensuring quality. Develops test applications and test plans.
- Creates and disseminates design documentation, UML, Class Diagrams and any other architectural knowledge.
- Interacts with users and product owners to define system requirements, specifications, and acceptance criteria.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years using C/C++ for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) OR
- 5-10 years using C++, C#.NET for desktop applications
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Experience with FreeRTOS and Real Time Linux
- Experience Developing on Xylinx Zynq-based System on Module, and Xylinx SDK
- Deployed, maintained or upgraded Board Support Packages for embedded systems.
- Experience with LabView
- Mathematical modeling with Matlab.
- Working knowledge of WPF, MVVM, Entity Framework
- Daily Test Driven Development habits, use of unit testing
- History of using eXtreme Programming practices.
- Use of multi-threading and inter-process communication
- Development of machine automation and process control software
- Knowledge of Motion Control and PID Loops
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal checks, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.