Eurofins Transplant Genomics, Inc. (TGI) is committed to improving organ transplant outcomes with noninvasive serial monitoring guided by genomics. TGI's extensive development pipeline includes diagnostic and predictive tests for kidney and liver graft dysfunction, the use of multiple sample types and technology platforms, companion diagnostics for immunosuppressant and immune status tests.
TGI is searching for a Mobile Phlebotomistin Chicago, IL.The Mobile Phlebotomist is experienced working independently to provide blood collection services, as directed by Eurofins clinical and laboratory customers, for patients within a designated geographic region. The Mobile Phlebotomist drives from location to location during an assigned shift and ensures arrival at a pre-determined location at a pre-set time for blood collection. The Mobile Phlebotomist will perform standardized and specialized Phlebotomy procedures on patients of all ages in a safe, accurate and professional manner, and transport collected specimens to the appropriate drop off location that may include, but not limited to: an overnight shipping location, local hospital, and/or an independent lab Patient Service Center. The Mobile Phlebotomist uses a personal vehicle to travel to patient's homes and specimen drop off locations.
Mobile PhlebotomistJob Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follows safety, laboratory standards, policy and procedures and participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Performs blood draws using venipuncture according to standard protocol, ensuring patient safety and quality specimen collection
- Provides patient instruction for sample collection
- Responsible for disposal of blood drawing equipment according to health and safety regulations
- Ensures proper container type, centrifugation and transportation and/or shipping of specimens
- Performs specimen duties such as aliquoting urine and separating blood samples when required for testing and use of portable centrifuge
- Pre-analytical duties include sample processing and preparing specimens for transport/shipping
- The ability to provide quality error free work
- Accurately performs data entry in all applicable information systems in compliance with organizational policies
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all supplies
- Uses and wears PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary to perform job duties safely and minimize risk
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Excellent customer and patient service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate and incorporate into daily work knowledge of processes and tools to measure and improve quality
- Exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to Eurofins Transplant Genomics Compliance Code of Conduct and business conduct expectations
- Actively participate in, support and drive compliance with all state, federal and regulatory guidelines, standards, and laws
- Possess a collaborative approach to foster effective teamwork with all client operations colleagues
- Ability to travel 90%, as required
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Phlebotomy training program
- 3 or more years of phlebotomy experience
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required
Position is part-time working various hours. Candidates currently living in the Ohio Valley - Ohio, West Virginia, West Pennsylvaniaareas are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofinsemployee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.