Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
022294 MILL ExtraBoard/Broke Handler (Open)
Education and Experience
- Assists in the processing of paperboard, specifically in the palletizing, banding, weighing, and ticketing of material.
- Removes any broken paper generated in the paper making operation.
- Carries sheets to bottom of dryers. Pull sheets away when broken.
- Works with other items such as safety knives, banding tools, sledge
- Operates lift truck; performs lift truck safety check to ensure proper lift operation
- Assist in rolling up broken paper in hot, humid conditions when broken paper is generated.
- Keeps floor clean around work area.
- Learns other production jobs to fill temporary vacancies of regular workers during vacation, day offs. Etc.
- May assist with maintenance during felt changes or shutdowns. Assists with felt changes as necessary.
- Adheres to all mill safety policies and completes safety training as scheduled; ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50lbs. routinely and up to 100 lbs., occasionally.
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) and up to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and perform procedures from verbal and written instructions.
- Must have basic English speaking, reading skills.
- Previous experience with operation of Power Industrial vehicle is a plus.
- Must possess basic experience with use of, and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Ability to solve basic math problems, including the ability to accurately read a measuring tape to the 1/16" increments.
- Sound physical condition, ability to tolerate heat and humidity while performing manual labor- and labor-intensive activities.
- Valid Class C Driver's License
- Must be able to work mandatory rotating shifts bi-monthly, including weekends, overtime and holidays.
- Daily shifts are 12.25 hours per day.
- 4 Days on, 4 days off with overtime available on scheduled day offs.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.