If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
- Provide financial analysis and underwriting for new borrowers as well as annual reviews and routine renewals of maturing and conforming loans; complete new credit offering memorandum and include all data/information requirements up to the executive summary which includes the evaluation and recommendation of credit actions.
- Manage financial tickler report, ensuring timely production of request letters, receipt and initial review of required financial information, and advice to lending personnel, as well as production of appropriate file entries or determination of action plans.
- Support Commercial Banking Relationship Managers with necessary actions required for the preparation and management of Commercial Loan Risk Rating memoranda, Commercial Loan Portfolio reviews, Construction Loan Report reviews, FASB 114 forms, Criticized/Classified reports, and the PIM process.
- Maintain appropriate client collateral control procedures including monitoring the receipt of borrowing base data and compliance.
- Develop and utilize expertise with pricing model; run scenarios.
- Approve or obtain proper approval of overdrafts/uncollected loans as well as other accounts within limits of lending authority.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 5 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and strong negotiating skills.