Paid Summer Internship!
Department(s): Member Solutions/ Collections
Location: Miramar, FL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Duration of the Internship: 6 to 8 weeks (approximately)
Hours per week: 20 Hours - 25 Hours maximum/per week
Position Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in the achievement of its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position is responsible for the routine collection of past due accounts, including credit cards, consumer loans, overdrawn share accounts, and any other related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Entering data and keeping correct records
- Maintain billing reports/logs updated in Microsoft Excel Assisting with printing and mailing of letters
- Posting payments and adjustments
- General filing, scanning and faxing
- Process title work on repossession accounts
- Performs clerical duties including typing, filing, and completion of simple forms
- Operates office machines including copiers, scanners, phone and voicemail systems, personal computers, and other standard office equipment
- Copies, sorts, and files records related to office activities, business transactions, and other matters
- Prepares letters, memos, forms, and reports according to written or verbal instructions
- Maintains filing systems either manually or electronically
- Assist the department representatives in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned.
Position RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required
- Preferred Junior or Senior Undergraduate student or graduate student who is currently enrolled and is majoring in relevant course of study related to the financial/Business Industry
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally and display courteous composure when dealing with co-workers and members
- Must possess flexibility, initiative, and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, meet demanding deadlines, and adjust to sudden changes in workflow
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
- BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at desk, standing at teller counter
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, fax, telephone, copier
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Credit Union Office Environment
An EEO Employer.
Full-Time/Part-TimePart-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationMiramar - Headquarters About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.