Benefits of working at Everside Health:
- Competitive health benefits that start 1st of month after start date
- PTO, 10 holidays (including Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve)
- No out of pocket cost for scrubs
We are currently looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team. Our Medical Assistant's are a key component of our care team and works closely with a primary care providers to deliver excellent patient care and provide an exceptional guest experience to uphold our Core Values of Patients First, Courage, Ingenuity, Fun and Community
. In our Patient First model, our Medical Assistants oversee the full spectrum of the patient experience; handling both front and back office responsibilities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Escorts patients to room and ensures that exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked
- Reviews previous medical information and gathers any relevant updated health information from the patient to inform the provider
- Take patient vitals performs any needed laboratory tests
- Perform blood draws and basic laboratory tests. Work with the contracted labs for additional tests
- Give injections, bandage wounds, assist with procedures
- Prepares and administers approved medications and immunizations via oral, topical, inhaled, intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal at the direction of and upon written order from the Provider
- Partners with other members of the care team to develop individual patient plan of care including identifying and working to address gaps in care
- Front desk duties, including: patient scheduling, documentation, check-in, check-out, etc.
- Medical record requests and abstraction
- Coordinate specialist visits, referrals, and other care outside of the clinic
- Documents care provided accurately on patient records.
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the medical record according to documentation guidelines
- Process test results and provide the patient with timely results via e-message, mail or phone as directed in written instructions by the Provider
- Participates in outreach to patients to drive engagement among eligible patient groups
- Maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment for treatments
- Prefer minimum of 2 years' experience, preferably in Primary Care. May vary based on clinic needs.
- Minimum graduation from a formal Medical Assistant program or other related program.
- CPR/BLS certification
- National Medical Assistant certification, preferred
This job has expired.
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered
- Desire to improve the quality of care for people
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment where patient's come first
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients