Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
A Mechanical Engineering Intern is responsible for supporting, researching, planning, and designing mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical products and systems for the medical device industry. He/She coordinates the activities involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and support of mechanical or electromechanical medical device products and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Manages moderate projects from concept through production. Manages, coordinates and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions. Prepare the project schedule, budgets and deliver the project accordingly.
- Generates innovative and unique solutions to meet market needs. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined products, processes or equipment.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study and design verification/validation protocol/report preparation.
- Translates product requirements into design specifications. Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Works cooperatively with external partners, process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on projects to ensure project success.
- Designs and coordinates engineering tests and experiments using techniques such as Design of Experiment (DOE). Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results using valid statistical techniques.
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements. Participate the FMEA analysis.
- Prepare design /engineering documentation aspects in support of Regulatory submissions.
- Assist Engineers in performing their duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
Detail-oriented, energetic self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The position requires a minimum of 1 year completed in a mechanical engineering program. Additional qualifications are as follows:
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Working on a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BSME preferred) from four-year college or university.
- Ability to understand and work with medical device quality processes and statistics.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented, dependable and willing to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility.
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability.
- Ability to be able to work in a team environment.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice/Laboratory/Manufacturing environment.
- Experience with and training on SolidWorks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.