DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Measurement Technicians monitor volumes and are the first to identify potential needs for preventative maintenance. Measurement Technicians will use DCP meters to inform customers and DCP about pipeline flows.
The Measurement Technician is focused on; high volume meters (>=1 mmcfd of any BTU value) and or high BTU meters >1100 BTU and >250 MCFD, Online or portable GC's (Plant and Field), and LACT- Lease Automatic Custody Transfer Units (Plant and Field). The role requires significant experience, performs complex calibration, troubleshooting and repair tasks. Measurement Technicians are responsible for discrepancy identification and resolution. (L&U, quality shifts, etc.). As a result of the high level of skills possessed by this individual, they will also be responsible for the mentoring training of less skilled employees.
WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Responsible for measurement of high and low pressure gathering systems.
- Installation, programming and calibration of Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) computers.
- Calculate volume rates and sizes orifice plates to set flow rates.
- Collect gas and liquid samples.
- Install, operate and maintain gas and liquid sampling systems.
- Install, program, maintain and calibrate portable and stationary gas or liquid chromatographs.
- Schedule, complete and witness flow tests on wells using open flow orifice meters and portable meter runs.
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of meter and associated equipment (meter tube plates, ultrasonic meter, flow computer)
- Routine inspection, maintenance and repair of communications equipment and sampling system.
- Performs product composition and quality sampling and testing.
- Work autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations. Available for callout.
- Participate and successfully complete training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Accurately complete documentation such as; timesheets, MAXIMO work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimize work in most effective (efficient and leveraging priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Effectively utilize tools and test equipment as needed.
- Respond to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Perform and accurately document regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot process controls and regulation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot condensate Automatic Tank Gauging (ATG equipment).
- Maintain and operate measurement Orifice meters tube and Ultrasonic tubes.
- Witness NGL and LACT skid proving.
- Install and maintain radio communications on EFM.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a gas gathering system or plant in the measurement field programming and calibrating, installing and repairing EFM computer and gas or liquid chromatographs.
- Experience working with drawings and schematics.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Currently live, or be willing to relocate, to within 35 miles of the reporting location. Must have a reliable means of contact for call-our purposes.
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel will be required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
Aug 17, 2022, 3:29:13 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.