Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 7,000 people worldwide.
FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION: Support Individual Contributor
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work the shift(s) listed below and overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2nd Shift: 2:30PM - 1AM, Wednesday to Saturday - shift 2B.
- Daily set up and shut down of production equipment on the manufacturing floor, in clean rooms. Working on other equipment as assigned.
- Routinely monitor production equipment. Adjust equipment setting parameters to optimize equipment performance.
- Trouble-shoot, repair, and test production equipment.
- Replace, request, and maintain new fixtures. Order new tools and replacement parts.
- Assist equipment qualifications (IQs, OQs, PQs).
- Program, test and troubleshoot electronics (e.g., PCBA)
- Update equipment records in RAM or other record keeping system.
- Liaison between Manufacturing, Manufacturing Equipment Support (MES), and Calibration team.
- Coordinate directly with Engineers to perform custom tests
- Feedback test/troubleshooting results directly to Engineers from R&D or MES
- Work alongside R&D or Ops Engineers to troubleshoot and test new Software, Firmware and Station SW Recipes
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience handling sensitive electronics
- Experience using manufacturing and testing equipment
- Experience using MS Excel and Word
- Ability to take instruction directly from Engineers or Research Associates
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Applies acquired job and company knowledge of policies and procedures to complete semi-routine tasks.
- Work at this level requires following standardized methods and under immediate supervision on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Follows pre-established guidelines and procedures with minimal choice as to method of performance of the work.
- Has contact with employees at other levels within the company. Information exchanged is generally non-complex.
ManagementField SalesExperience and Education
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Works under close supervision.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience and a High School diploma/certificate or equivalent.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.