At Domtar, we're driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of $5.2 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We've earned Great Place to Work certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada's Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Positions available are for production work and may be in any area of our operations. Individuals in these positions may be assigned to various departments based on operational needs. These assignments may follow a rotating 12 hour swing shift schedule.Candidates for these positions will need to:
- Understand the importance of always working safely
- Understand and follow direction
- Handle multiple priorities
- Work swing shifts (includes all shifts, most weekends and holidays)
- Be available as needed for overtime
- Work well both as an individual and as part of a team.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Following written or electronic standard operating procedures and instruction manufacture products to customer specifications
- Adhere to all safety policies and requirements while working and operating equipment
- Operate necessary equipment which may include:
- Mobile equipment
- Overheard cranes
- Winding and slitting equipment
- Coating processing & coating application equipment
- Packaging equipment
- Working as part of a team to help everyone succeed
What we are looking for
- Previous manufacturing, forklift experience and prior shift work experience is preferred
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be ableto work 8, 10, or 12 hours shifts including weekends and Holidays
- Basic math, reading comprehension, writing, mechanical aptitude and computer skills are a must
The starting hourly rate is $20.00/hour with eligibility for shift differential.Sundays and Holidays worked are paid at double-time and shift differential is paid on 2nd and 3rd shift.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package includingmedical, dental, prescription, life insurance,paid holidays and an opportunity to participate in the 401(k) and retirement saving plans.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.