At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to lead an assembly line(s) that builds a variety of products meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, Engineers and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor team-member performance (safety, quality, efficiency, attendance) and escalate issues to management as needed
- Create and distribute daily production reports that includes performance to plan, quality issues, and equipment/fixture issues
- Perform preparation work such as line start-up, line clearance, setting up production boards , setting up goals for each work station, and job daily job rotations
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Perform inspection and rework of products as needed
- Prepare and present weekly production data during weekly Engineering walk-through
- Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
- Monitor job rotation on the production lines to comply with ergonomic requirements
- Participate in training meetings and provide training plan for employees to ensure job rotation.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
- Provide first-line technical support to resolve production issues
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives with Engineering and Quality teams
- Support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate design for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase to Engineering.
- Be knowledgeable of multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Review existing operational and process discrepancies in manufacturing and provide technical expertise to improve procedures
- Review BOM and Traveler/ MPI discrepancies and initiate Engineering Change orders to update/improve.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Support goals for respective manufacturing cell.
- Assemble products to support demand, as needed
- Experience: Minimum 6 years of manufacturing assembly experience or a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing assembly ISI experience.
- Prefer Intuitive Surgical Tech 3 or Tech 4 but must be in good standing for at least the past 12 months or as determined by area Production Manager. Areas that will be considered are: attendance, conduct, productivity, teamwork, and quality.
- Proficient in Agile and/or SAP
- Proficient in training/mentoring other Assembly Technicians
- Proficient at quality record documentation
- Demonstrates leadership and communication ability
- Demonstrates understanding of basic operational principles of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to build product with very minimum instructions
- Must be recommended for promotion from the area Production Manager and Management team. Promotion approval may be subject to interview process.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements:No Shift:Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.