Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Manager, Government Affairs - Pacific Northwest, you will focus on Invenergy's government affairs activities, primarily in the legislative and executive branch, in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. This position will support the overall Government Affairs initiatives and report to the Vice President of Government Affairs - West covering 15 States. You will work collaboratively with members of all departments within the company. In addition, this position requires an ability to work constructively with trade organization leadership and staff, lobbyists, and peer companies. This position involves budgeting, preparing strategy documents, and weekly reporting in CRM. The preferred location for this position is in Invenergy's Portland, Oregon office, but other options are the Chicago, Illinois office or remote employment.
- Develop action plans for each state where we have development or existing projects
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with key state government leaders including legislators, legislative staff, the executive branch, and state agencies.
- Develop budgets, reports, and proposals for achieving key outcomes.
- Be the primary liaison with Invenergy contract lobbyists in each state, and direct their activities
- Coordinate with stakeholders/interest groups to assist in achieving company objectives.
- Draft and provide testimony as needed on legislation.
- Identify, develop, and pass legislation to promote company objectives.
- Identify potential legislative threats to the company, management, and cross-functional teams.
- Provide policy analysis and overviews to impacted departments.
- 3-5 years electric industry related experience (utility, trade org, ISO, agency, etc.)
- Must have a fundamental understanding of the bulk electric power system, including basic market operations of WECC, and the structure of retail electricity supply in each state.
- Bachelor's degree required or Master's degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in public speaking roles
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Aptitude for learning management systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle ERP
- Proven leadership track record
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and re-prioritize assignments as needed.
- Proactive and motivated to delivery key business objectives
- Ability to work both independently and within a team context
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
- Ability to travel with little advance warning
- Ability to travel 75% of the time during legislative time periods and 50% of the time during non-legislative time periods or as needed.
$98,000 - $113,000Benefits
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.