Position Title: Manager, Employee Communications, Content Creation
Location: Austin, TX / Dallas, TX Preferred
As Manager, Employee Communications, Content Creation, you will be responsible for developing and executing digital and audio-visual content for use in internal and executive communications and engagement programs and initiatives. We are looking for someone with a keen understanding of the latest digital communication trends and capabilities and a passion for creating and delivering exciting and engaging communications using the full range of media platforms and channels to drive employee engagement with our business results and strengthen our culture. Your communication/related skills will be used for \"every day\" and special event (All-Hands, Leadership Summit, etc.) communications. You will also have an equal passion for and ability to organize, keep track of and execute digital communications initiatives large and small-with excellence. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex technical and business issues and simplify them using multi-media communications tools.
What you'll do
As a Manager, Employee Communications, Content Creation, you will specialize in building multi-media employee communications and engagement initiatives, supporting all employees and senior leaders of Digital Realty. It's our job to help inspire our employees with pride for Digital Realty and empower them with the information they need to excel in their roles and what it means to be an employee. To succeed, you will need a single-minded focus on doing those things with excellence. To make a difference here, you'll need to be a creative self-starter who is willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Digital Realty. To do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player with a passion for communicating and can work cross-functionally with partners across the business.
- Create and execute digital communication campaigns around Digital Realty's business and culture
- Develop professional and compelling communications materials, using video, podcasting, and other media channels to engage and inspire employees in Digital Realty's journey
- Continually look to industry best practices to ensure communications are relevant, inspiring, and effective
- Develop and be accountable for our channel and content strategy, working closely with our internal and external communications and brand teams, so we are aligned across all audiences and channels.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with Digital Realty employees at all levels of the organization
- Understand how to structure and deliver remote employee meetings and events to maximize employee engagement
- Build and maintain Digital Realty's intranet to make it a \"go-to\" source for employee news and messaging
- Help maintain a robust content creation calendar and quantitatively measure its success
- Make data-led decisions and understand how to measure the engagement success of digital communications using in-built engagement analytics
- Maintain a passion for thinking globally, having a sense of urgency, and being obsessed with driving communications employee engagement
- Lead administration and execution of employee opinion surveys.
Be aggressive and diligent in networking across Digital Realty to discover and amplify stories about employees who are making a difference for customers and each other What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Experience using: Adobe Premier Pro, Vimeo, Glint Employee Opinion Surveys, Teams, and BlueJeans is a plus
- Experience in digital marketing/media agency, technology, or financial services communications is a plus
- Authorization to work in the United States: the position will be based in either Austin or Dallas, Texas.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with and adaptability in using new technological platforms for communications
- Demonstrated strength in digital media, video editing, and presentation platforms
- Strong operational and program management experience
- Strong writing, copyediting, and storytelling skills
- Ability to make communications and engagement initiatives fun, unique and engaging
- Ability to think, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and six continents. A bit about our Digital Marketing
Our Marketing team works in one of the world's fastest-growing and exciting sectors. We collaborate with the Sales team to develop effective strategies that help build our business and also ensure our corporate strategy meets our local market needs. Our team helps the business keep the world connected and continue to grow by translating our unique offerings into bespoke campaigns, content and propositions for different locations and customer segments. What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future. Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated may need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements if required per your job requirement, work location and customer obligations, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.