The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Programming various automation systems, PLC’s, HMI’s, and Servos.
- Perform, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Competencies and Abilities
- Must be able to understand and apply basic directions about safety procedures, company rules, regulations and processes.
- Must be capable of using hand tools and have ability to operate machinery in routine and non-routine, and complex and non-complex environments.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity a must.
- Operate within SOP’S (Standard Operating Procedures) and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintains proper inventory of tooling and equipment.
- Must be capable of maintaining a good attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, for example, but not limited to;
- Lubrication of machinery
- Repairing conveyors
- Perform Mechanical Setup duties occasionally.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strong PLC, HMI, Servo and other automation programming experience
- Disciplined in troubleshooting, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems and electronics.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- High School Graduate/GED
- 5 years minimum Maintenance experience
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, laying and kneeling
- Climb and work from ladders
- Work from aerial lifts
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally 75 pounds.
- Exposure to fumes, noise, dust and varying temperatures.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job has expired.