CornellCookson, a division of Clopay Corporation is a leading door and grille manufacturer. We manufacture a complete line of overhead door and closure products, designed for commercial, industrial, institutional and retail use. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Technician in our Mountaintop, PA manufacturing location on 3rd Shift.
Responsible for the installation, operation, proper function, tooling/working parts, troubleshooting and repair of maintenance equipment and plant facilities.
- Install new machinery and equipment, ensuring electrical hook-ups, mechanical ties, and production requirements are met. Analyze opportunities for improvement in equipment design and final testing of maintenance equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and add additional maintenance beyond manufacturer's recommendations to preventative maintenance as required. Communicate with affected and potentially affected employees of work being performed including temporary safety hazards.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to other technical personnel and production associates. Contribute to the development of work instructions, equipment logs, material specifications, etc.
- Continually work on improving the set-up, calibration and test procedures related to maintenance equipment. Communicate with Maintenance Engineers on performance and functionality issues.
- Track and order supplies/materials.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and maintain appropriate housekeeping standards within department, including building mechanical functions.
- Cross training throughout the Maintenance department by assisting in all areas to achieve CIW/TCCI goals.
Qualified candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or similar areas strongly preferred.
- Five to ten years of machine troubleshooting/maintenance required.
- Work experience in metal fabrication.
- Strong leadership and communication abilities.
- Ability to read manuals, schematics, and blue prints.
- Ability to identify different parts, products, etc.
- Ability to operate equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, crane, scissor lift, etc.
- Solid computer skills.
We offer a competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package, including 401K, paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.
This job has expired.
Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran - We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!