Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
017268 Maintenance Superintendent (Open)
The intent of this role is to guide the mechanical, electrical and powerhouse teams on executing the weekly job plans, and planned shutdowns. This position will also be responsible for the stockroom clerk.
- Ensure maintenance associates adhere to all safety protocols (LOTO, PPE, rigging, confined space, hot works, red tag, roof permit), and complete all required training.
- Coach team lead on how to effectively direct their teams
- Ensure all parts and labor hours are tracked at the work order level.
- Track, communicate, and action against key performance metrics as related unplanned work, and plant initiatives.
- Manage the execution of the weekly planned work schedule; review shift reports and communicate with operations to address emergency unscheduled work.
- Provide recommendations and participate in maintenance associates discipline and recognition.
- Performs required duties according to Greif policies and control procedures.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Provide feedback to the reliability engineers on improvements that can be made to PMs.
- Assist with closing out all department work orders. Including updating the work orders with comments from mechanics, updating BOMs, editing PM tasks, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, preferred associate degree or higher
- Preferred experience in supervising a maintenance team
- Reliability to verify own work to ensure accuracy essential.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to proficiently multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, CMMS and other computer-based tools is a required (i.e. Coupa)
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.