Job ID: 471819
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This role is located at EP Henry's Wrightstown, NJ manufacturing operation. Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager and/or General Manager the Machine Operator operates and maintains the manufacturing equipment to produce quality concrete products from raw materials stage to Yard stage, following established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Use troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
- Change molds as required with the assistance of other Machine Operators or other production personnel.
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements
- High school diploma/equivalent; or at least 1 month of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, etc.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
New Jersey Job Segment:
Machinist, Plant, Plant Manager, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Manufacturing
This job has expired.