Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager who will join our Distribution team in Marysville, Ohio!
This is a remote position.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, high energy and seasonal manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as a Logistics Manager for Scotts Miracle-Gro. As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for leading the strategy, planning & execution of transportation of one of our highest revenue generating businesses. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for transportation management strategy, while ensuring network goods are distributed on-time in collaboration with third-party providers and contract/rate negotiations to deliver goods at the lowest landed costs.
What you'll do in this role:
- Responsible for all business unit freight transportation spend including supporting revenue, profit, cost controls and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Develop and lead implementation of plans including robust metrics to deliver continuous improvement in service, shipment quality, cost, and people.
- Develop transportation strategies in alignment with Supply Chain strategic targets.
- Drive day-to-day performance excellence; customer deliveries, network transfer orders & transportation compliance, systems (Transportation Management System solution), route guides, freight rating & payment discrepancies and carrier EDI (automated transactions through electronic data interchange).
- Internal & external collaboration and relationship development & management.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Logistics; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership in transportation roles (both field & corporate) with a consumer goods company, including demonstrated experience with cost crushing, best practice freight management and people development.
- Requires experience and understanding of end to end Supply Chain including transportation, customer service, financial policies and procedures within a CPG company.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in developing and executing strategies,effectively communicating with all levels of Management.
- Strong team development skills, analytical capabilities, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to build relationships internally & externally.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401K match (up to 7.5%). No waiting period on vesting or match
- Discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount)
- 13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor's office
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), TREE (Together Respecting, Empowering, and Encouraging Families) and Scotts Young Professionals
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law
This job has expired.