Beacon Hill Legal's client is an international law firm headquartered in New York City. The firm specializes in litigation and corporate practices, particularly mergers and acquisitions. They're looking to bring on a temporary Legal Secretary for their Palo Alto office.
About the position:
- Responsible for providing support for assigned attorneys and/or senior management, performing a variety of administrative duties.
- Answer multiple phone lines, screens, and direct calls, as appropriate
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, and arrange conference/teleconference calls
- Create, revise, format, and proofread letters, memos, and various legal documents
- Create, revise, and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
- Create and maintain attorney files
- Print and organize documents into binders
- Utilize various office machines to transmit data, print, duplicate, fax, and PDF
- Make arrangements for travel, transportation, and accommodations via Internet and/or through the Firm's travel department
- Coordinate with Conference Services/Reception when scheduling meetings for room reservations audio/visual equipment needs
- Arrange for catering for meetings through online catering system
- Prepare and process client bills, working closely with Billing department
- Process expenses through Firm expense application
- Prepare attorney diaries through Firm diary application
- Provide backup coverage for other assistants
- Perform other duties as assigned, including assistance with personal matters for assigned attorneys
Who you are:
- 3+ years of administrative experience in an office environment
- 1+ years of secretarial experience in a law firm environment preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including, MS WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to client service and teamwork
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in relaying information
- Can organize, prioritize, plan, and multi-task work activities, with the ability to effectively meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Location: Onsite 5 days per week (Palo Alto, CA 94304)
- Start: ASAP
- End: February 2023
- Hours: 40-hour work week
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)