AmTrust Financial Services, a commercial insurance company, has a need for in-house Staff Attorney - Workers' Compensation in New Jersey
- Independently represent the Employer/Carrier before the assigned Judge of Compensation Claims and present witnesses and evidence at administrative hearings on litigated workers' compensation claims.
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of the Employer/Carrier.
- Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims professionals on legal and factual issues.
- Position requires the use of independent judgment, research, litigation and analytical skills.
- Assist in developing training materials for the WC claim department.
- Work with the WC claim department and Law Department on special projects related to the practice of workers' compensation.
- Communicate with the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims, witnesses, opposing counsel and clients in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
- New Jersey Bar licensed attorney.
- Knowledge of New Jersey's Workers' Compensation statutes and its application.
- 3+ years' workers' compensation litigation experience
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future .
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.