College Board - Technology Division
100% Remote US based, working core EST hours
About the Team
The College Board's elite team is comprised of highly capable engineers that develop and deliver products and customer-facing platforms, which are critical to students, and other internal and external stakeholders. You will be joining a rapidly expanding elite team of engineers. At its maturity, the product will serve engaging content to students across multiple channels, including a mobile app. We are focusedonimproving the speed and reliability of our service delivery in support of our mission; to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students annually.
About the Opportunity
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of web front-end and back-end development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems or third-party products; and a track record of delivering high-quality, web and mobile based business solutions in a timely and effective manner
In this role, you will:
Design & Implementation (70%)
Strategy & Communication (20%)
- Experience with MicroFrontends using Module Federation support in Webpack
- Build responsive single-page web applications using React.js
- Work in DevOps agile teams primarily in the AWS technology environment
- Ensure that continuous integration is performed on the application source code API's that are continuously deployed and updated through an automated CI/CD pipeline to ensure an extremely high quality of code.
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects, and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or an infrastructure team.
Project Management (10%)
- Contribute to the overall design and strategy for our product designs, including feeding into and refining a design system
- Document and present UI and design updates to stakeholders and users
- Participate and be vocal in agile ceremonies to ensure design needs are met
- Nurture a culture of user empathy and deep curiosity that enables us to build simple, intuitive products for our customers
- Self-manage workload and obtain necessary requirements and acceptance criteria needed to complete work
- Coordinate with product leads, architects, and engineers to ensure timely delivery
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field (computer science, interaction design, HCI, industrial design, information science, social sciences, graphic design, etc.) and/or equivalent years of work experience
- At least 10years of directly related work experience in a professional position in software development.
- Experience with npm, Webpack 5, Babel, unpkg, code splitting and building modular applications
- Experience with DevOps tools and automation
- Experience working in an iterative(agile/scrum) development environment
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Good leadership and communication skills. Must be adoptable, open-minded and sensible for the team's needs.
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.