Job Summary: · Follows all safety guidelines, rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- We offer excellent compensation.
- Qualify upon hire for an annual bonus of at least $3,700.
- Enjoy outstanding and affordable medical benefits as well as a robust paid time-off program.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots production and filling line equipment, PLC, sensors, electrical drives, controls, mechanical, processing systems, as well as working cross functionally among departments.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities on plant equipment including process machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and operating diagnosis and document findings.
- Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support when necessary, including repairs, installations, security, fire prevention, loss control, etc.
- Conducts diagnosis and troubleshooting breakdowns of computer and PLC control systems. Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and develops cost effective solutions to address root cause failures.
- Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security systems/controls, fire prevention systems/controls, etc.
- Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including structural, HVAC, lighting, electrical, plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and improvements.
- Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations, Health and Safety / Administration.
- Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts inventory, performs building maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and conducts weekly tests on sprinkler equipment for fire safety.
- In collaboration with management, develops and executes facility improvement projects as directed by facility management. Participates and contributes to specified capital improvement projects directed by facility management.
- Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill development, processes and techniques.
- May be requested to work other shifts as necessary.
- Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations.
- Experience with Raymond MHE equipment and Lantech Lean Wrap machine is a plus.
- LEAN experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift: Physical effort and dexterity
- High School or equivalent and 2 year Trade (technical) degree or certificate preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in manufacturing and/or maintenance or similar industry.
- Ability to read and diagnose using schematics.
- Basic 480V electrical experience in an industrial facility, PLC and instrument control, electrical power and motor controls, thorough knowledge of test instruments used in field and basic mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
- Three phase motor troubleshooting, motor control circuits troubleshooting and installation, AC variable frequency drive installation and troubleshooting. Able to troubleshoot other electrical circuits including control boards and low voltages. Electrical, pneumatic and mechanical controls experience a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, process systems, filling lines, packaging equipment and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read and write logic at a machine level and/or Enterprise level. Ability to troubleshoot logic and make corrective actions in the program (Allen-Bradley and/or GE Fanuc) preferred, but not required.
- AB 500 & 5000 PLC, RSView32, FactoryTalk View, GE Proficiency experience preferred.
- Instrumentation Skills: Ability to install and troubleshoot: RTD’s, Thermo couplings, Radar Levels, Mass Flow meters, HART communications protocols, Pressure Differential devices.
- Ability to install machinery following OEM guidelines, welding (MIG, TIG). Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues including mechanical drive systems. Ability to troubleshoot and install mechanical pumps (Positive displacement, centrifugal, AOD), preferred, but not required.
- Millwright traits (rigging, lifting), preferred, but not required.
- Strong training in LO/TO, Arch Flash (NFPA 70E).
- Understanding of OSHA regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Completion of PLC controls logic training or certification
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-50 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto forklifts continuously throughout shift
- Ability to life 50-75 pounds throughout shift
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
Click to see how you can paint your future!
- Ability to use respirator and proper PPE (eye protection, safety shoes)
- Ability to work on filling line and production equipment
- Ability to work overtime and alternate shifts as needed.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.EOE M/F/D/V
This job has expired.