Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9,8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- To assist with the delivery of engine development work both on a direct and supervisory basis on dynamometer and vehicle programs.
- Responsible for the quality and execution of performance and emissions testing on gasoline or diesel engines
- Participate in department activities to test and develop engines and to help improve testing and data analysis techniques
- Support as required the specification, set up, maintenance, and calibration of high level test equipment such as combustion analyzers and emissions benches
- Support as required: set up, tune, data collection, cycle writing etc. for dyno control systems
- Support and supervise engine installation to test cells including mounting, dyno drive shaft selection, torque transducer selection etc.
- Ability to specify and implement general test equipment e.g. sizing/specifying heat exchangers, pumps, flow meters, valves, transducers etc
- Familiarity with standardized test cycles
- Test cell controls knowledge (PID setup and tuning for dyno, heat exchangers, etc.)
- Ability to perform vehicle level work, including instrumentation, powertrain R&R, support of calibration projects and trips, etc
- Work closely with customers in addition to internal teams in base engine gasoline, diesel, and alt fuel test and development activities
- Assuring technician staff members are adhering to department and company procedures, processes and work instructions
- Participating in the development of processes and methods that will help improve testing efficiency and accurate data collection
- Coordinating 1st and 2nd shift test cell technician staff to help aid and support the following:
- Project support scheduling
- Project execution oversight and guidance
- Task and responsibility delegation
- Materials and resource planning / procurement
- Continuous test facility upkeep (cleanliness, PM, inventory)
- Fuel usage tracking
- Career development planning and performance reviews
- Ensuring cell technician staff report on-time and remain on-task
- Updating the department manager on the team's progress and project results
- Assisting in resolving technical problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
- Maintaining a working knowledge of new technologies that may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly
- Maintaining awareness of the Company Quality System
- Observing all safety rules and regulations and help ensure a safe workplace for all test cell technicians. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around work area and recommend any possible safety issues to the department manager.
- Employees duties are not limited to those stated above, but are inclusive of any tasks assigned by supervisor/manager
- 10 or more years of dynamometer testing related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to prepare and test engines with minimal input information
- Experience supervising others is desired
- Proficient with performance and emissions test cell setup and operation
- Proficient with preparing engines for testing with minimal input information
- Ability to independently tear down, instrument, and rebuild gasoline and diesel engines
- Work effectively with a variety of people such as; management, design, calibration, build, and test engineers, as well as customers and supplier representatives
- Knowledge of internal processes and procedures
- Knowledge of customer processes and procedures
- Knowledge of customer quality requirements
- Ability to assess weaknesses in department capability and identify possible solutions to management
- Must be self motivated and the possess the drive to complete tasks in a timely manner and with appropriate attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Skills
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
This job has expired.